Reisinger Conservatory of Music Handbook
• Support your child in their pursuit of music. Regular practice is the key to learning how to play an instrument. Most importantly, consistently attending your lessons, participating in and encouraging performance in recitals, group lessons and other student events.
• Encourage weekly music enhancement time at the studio. These programs will help the student progress faster. There is no additional fee.
• Remind and encourage students to practice at least 5-6 days a week. Practice should be 15-30 minutes each day for beginners. As the students progress more practice time will be required. Help students keep a practice chart and a regular practice time.
• Parents, teachers and students always need to keep an open communication with each other. This will help ensure success.
• Always provide encouragement for your musician. Rarely, does criticism provide good results. Music is a series of gradual steps. When praised for their efforts, students will excel.